Sign in to follow this  
Warp

People "spamming" table refills

48 posts in this topic

Warp    135

For some reason there have been lately several people in the habit of "spamming" the game with table refills. As in, they might do it 20 or 30 times during a single game.

Not that I'm complaining. It's free rep. It just gives some hilariously ridiculous numbers like this:

599b0244c37e6_ProminencePoker_20170820160913.thumb.jpg.96efc8ed6d415c6164879d22abf402fb.jpg

Edited by Warp

LV_Jag    34

Glad you brought this up.  I've had so many refills lately too and didn't know why people were suddenly so generous in the game.  lol

Shoogaboogs    4

Am wondering if some people are superstitious and think refills improve your luck with the cards xD

Otherwise, my bet is that since refill prices were dropped, people are spamming them for the rep to level more quickly and earn the loot cases. 

(Is "earn" an oxymoron there?)

I'm still noob and still kinda broke, so I don't do it often, but the most rep I've gotten for a table refill was 4k, so far, which was a pretty nice chunk for $3k (if I'm remembering correctly) 

HyricanDR    145

Guilty. 

a) refills have become dirtcheap  (What were they? 3600? And now 500? Something like that, a full table feels the same as just your own did, and with only 2 or 3 players its really nothing)

b) the game hands out way too many free chips (aff rewards couple 100ks real quick n easy) n stuff  (Chests; including chips themselves and chips for duplicatesalvaging) by now.

c) Many other items dropped significantly as well, eg handgun 150k->60k. Prices less than half, income doubled, chests with freebies...

...Unless you are a bankroll / highstake ringgamer the money has become  l i t e r a l l y worthless. Why not get all your hq tableitems to a couple 1000 instead of keeping track of counts. Plus cba to do it from the menu. Rep isnt even my goal. It doesnt do much as it declines with every spam and high levels take tons of rep. Its just a convenient way to keep tableitemboost for me

Edited by HyricanDR

Rotravi    14

This reminds me a lot of how Pure Holdem got Worse with every update. The "improvements" Voofoo Studios put into the game just alienated players more and more from that game. 

Now regarding this game. The WORST feature  Free to play Poker game can experience,,is ...inflasion.  Where the "Money" have less and less value within the game.

It make people play reckless and destroy the reason for playing with skill and caution.

I guess Pipeline did not take that into conideraton when they adjusted the game....

Warp    135
On 8/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, Rotravi said:

This reminds me a lot of how Pure Holdem got Worse with every update. The "improvements" Voofoo Studios put into the game just alienated players more and more from that game.

Remember what you said, and how I responded, here? http://www.prominencepoker.com/forums/topic/3543-time-to-leave-prominence-poker/

It took you two and a half weeks to break your promise. It's actually longer than I expected.

Edited by Warp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

DaWiz_    101

Players spamming refills have become so annoying. The constant screen pop ups are irritating as hell.

I've seen several players who have skyrocketed to Level 1300+. I've also received over 10,000 table boost in a short time frame. Leveling up isn't what it used to be. Was this the goal??? Is this the new standard??? 

I think table boost gifts are nice, but something seems off with the current setup. I was ok with the previous gift system, along with ranked matchmaking... but oh well.O.o

Edited by DaWiz_

Warp    135

In principle there is no harm with somebody making 50 table refills during a game, but perhaps it would nevertheless be a good idea to limit it. One possibility is that once you make a table refill, the option gets disabled for the next 10 minutes or so, in that game.

I just unequip my table item when someone like this shows up. With everything being so cheap now the only thing that matters to me is where I am on the leaderboard. I do enjoy the graphic of my whiskey sour sitting on the table in front of me though, so I normally keep it equipped.

DaWiz_    101

I think the devs dropped the ball on this one....

When I started playing PP last year the table boosts were cheap and then the devs raised the cost to 1500 (I think) some months after. When they raised the cost we all complained a little, but we adjusted.

So the devs retracted for whatever reasons and we're back to where we started. Like someone already mentioned some players are boost spamming to get loot cases faster and level up in the process.

This is a bad look for the game because some players are at level 1300 and more just weeks after the update. It makes the game look tacky when some players reach higher levels than the majority from boost spamming alone. Before the update it was easy to spot the veterans in the game by their level, but now it seems like a free for all.

• Like 1

DaWiz_    101

I wonder how this player got to level 1706 so fast.... 

FB_IMG_1504333115319.thumb.jpg.a5694c6a36c9d613f9f59c097c81c689.jpg

I've seen and taken video of other players with crazy high levels. Although, I deleted the video because I don't like putting players on blast. Plus, this forum seems to be bias to my thoughts and opinions anyway.

I just came across this player in a ring game and I want to make sure the devs see this. I've been playing PP for over a year and I'm level 430 or so. Also, wasn't the level cap of 610 just recently removed? 

Leveling up has no significance anymore and that's a shame :(

Warp    135

This would be so easily fixed by implementing what I suggested: Once you make a table refill, it gets disabled for the next 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Warp    135
On 9/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, DaWiz_ said:

Leveling up has no significance anymore and that's a shame :(

I have to agree. Table refills are way too cheap, they can be bought way too often, and they give way too much rep. People's level used to have meaning, but they are now pretty much meaningless. People are getting hundreds of levels by simply spamming table refills. Then they get most of that money back by leveling.

Also, the game gives way too many loot cases. I have effectively a permanent double rep bonus because of them. It might seem strange to complain about getting free stuff, but their charm is completely lost when you are flooded with them. They are not special. There is no incentive to try to get any, because you get more than you could ever want. For example getting a "double rep boost" is completely meh to me, rather than being a pleasant surprise, which it should be.

Please add a cool-off time period to table refills (I think my suggested 10 minutes could be good), and please cut off the amount of loot cases awarded. They have no significance if you are flooded with them. They should be special rare prices, not things that are given by the dozen.

Edited by Warp
  • Like 2

DaWiz_    101

A gift delay is most definitely needed. I think a 2-5 min delay would be fine. Most players use gifting the right way. Personally, I rarely gift the table. I rather just play poker.

I don't understand why players are being rewarded for gifting anyway.

Tim Madsen    7

Dont get it either say a guy go from 805 to 880 during one game. Thats alot of casses to open dam. But i did get 2400 hands of 20% sooooooo

Edited by Tim Madsen
  • Haha 1

DaWiz_    101

Well my jackass moment has arrived.... >:(

As a diehard fan of this game I am demanding that the devs deal with this boost spamming crap immediately. Offering a solution shouldn't require to much work.

You guys can remove or lower the rep reward or add a delay. I'm playing in a casual tourney right now and a player has refilled the table 5 times in a row. I'm not going to remove my table item as a solution either.

Rep should increase based "only" on skilled play. Otherwise, you leave the door WIDE open for manipulation. You guys have worked to hard to let things like this linger on.

Please fix this problem.

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Like 1

Warp    135

I fully agree. Also I just played a game where someone kept spamming with table refills (I watched him level up from 603 to 607 in a rather short period of time).

The table refills are annoying and distracting, and make it hard to concentrate on the game. I shouldn't have to deprive myself from the table item boost just to have the spam stop. Please make it stop. A cool-off delay of 5-10 minutes should be more than enough.

On that note, it's rather frustrating to get complete silence from the devs and mods.

We participate in this forum, comment on the game, and report problems we see in it, because we like the game and are enthusiastic about it. Sometimes devs/mods answer to people's posts, sometimes they don't. It's especially frustrating when they remain completely silent on issues like this one. Even a simple "we'll look into this" would be better than absolute silence. At least it would give us feedback that our posts have been read and our concerns noticed. As it is currently, I can't even be sure if any of the devs is even aware of this thread.

If the complete silence continues, I might start posting on this thread every single day until I get a response (or get banned, although I really hope it doesn't go to that). My intent is not to spam the thread with repeated messages. Every post would be civil, unique, and written with thought. But it would be a form or soft protest against not getting any sort of feedback. I hope you understand my frustration.

• Like 1

Farmer John40    161
5 hours ago, Warp said:

I fully agree. Also I just played a game where someone kept spamming with table refills (I watched him level up from 603 to 607 in a rather short period of time).

The table refills are annoying and distracting, and make it hard to concentrate on the game. I shouldn't have to deprive myself from the table item boost just to have the spam stop. Please make it stop. A cool-off delay of 5-10 minutes should be more than enough.

On that note, it's rather frustrating to get complete silence from the devs and mods.

We participate in this forum, comment on the game, and report problems we see in it, because we like the game and are enthusiastic about it. Sometimes devs/mods answer to people's posts, sometimes they don't. It's especially frustrating when they remain completely silent on issues like this one. Even a simple "we'll look into this" would be better than absolute silence. At least it would give us feedback that our posts have been read and our concerns noticed. As it is currently, I can't even be sure if any of the devs is even aware of this thread.

If the complete silence continues, I might start posting on this thread every single day until I get a response (or get banned, although I really hope it doesn't go to that). My intent is not to spam the thread with repeated messages. Every post would be civil, unique, and written with thought. But it would be a form or soft protest against not getting any sort of feedback. I hope you understand my frustration.

Have you sent a personal message to Clear or Nez?

r

Edited by Farmer John40

Hecubus912    202

I have posted and sent a message to Clear looking for some clarity on the new matchmaking and likewise have heard nothing but crickets. 

It is quite vexing when you feel ignored. 

Warp    135

Valve became like that over the years. In the beginning years of Steam, if you sent them feedback, or a question, or some kind of report (eg. about a Valve's game), they would actually respond to it. Nowadays there's a 99.9% chance that they will never, ever respond to anything you send to them through the official Steam feedback form (even the one about the privacy policy). Also, as far as I can see, they never, ever respond to anybody in the official Steam suggestions forum. For all I know that forum is completely useless, as apparently Valve probably never even reads it. (The only people who read it in a semi-official manner are the forum moderators, who do not speak for Valve nor can respond to any questions directed at Valve. They can only ban people for misbehavior, or give warnings.)

I suppose that given the sheer size of Steam, it makes some amount of sense. They probably get literally thousands of messages every single day, which would probably require several full-time employees who do nothing else than to read them and respond to them. I suppose Valve has better things to do with their billions than to hire people to read through the user feedback they get.

It's much less forgivable with a much smaller company whose forum gets perhaps 10 posts a day. I don't think they have much excuse not to read the posts and respond if somebody asks them or requests something.

Ignoring your users will slowly alienate them. Personally I have lost all respect for Valve. They have become a greedy, cold, uncaring megacorporation that doesn't care about their users (and will only do something if their income or reputation is seriously at stake, or there is the danger of legal repercussions about something; anything less than that, and they just don't care), and have forgotten what they were good at (ie. creating great, innovative games).

I really hope that doesn't happen here.