Mayo

Is it just me...

16 posts in this topic

Mayo    6

But should they have called this game "comeback kid poker"?

i have played cards my whole life, over 40 years and I never seen so many hands get cracked. No hand is safe at this point and it's like runner, runner magic for the guy behind.

beginning to question the "randomizer" at this point myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akheteru    24

Sounds like you're salty about a few bad beats.  I haven't played for 40 years, but I've got about 15 years in and I've seen plenty of 'em.  In this game specifically, I've seen a few and I've seen plenty of hands hold up, including going all in with pocket deuces on the short stack.  No matter how bad the beat, if you ain't holding the stone cold nuts, you can't get mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mayo    6

well I wanted to give the card "randomizer" a chance to recover from the comeback kid gameplay, but I guess its not to be.

so many things have happened since my original post, that I feel correct in my original assumption that this games "randomizer" is clearly broken.

too bad because this is a great format to play, but when the cards consistently defy the odds...something is obviously off.

I more than welcome the developers to review my last 500 hands or so and tell me im wrong.

salt and bad beats are part of the game, but when you loose more than win when maintaining a lead, something is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rajwarrior    77

Sorry. I gotta call BS on the "playing for 40 years" thing. That would make you 50-60 years old, and there is no way that a person in that age bracket that has been playing poker for 40 years does not know that the correct spelling is L-O-S-E. Your pants are too loose. You lose poker hands.

Just sayin'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mayo    6

No actually it would make me 48 brother. Got an early start playing rummy with my family as a kid. 

The POINT is that I have seen cards fall for my many years, but never like this.

it amazes me that people think that a forum is some kind of spelling competition.lol

its not an editorial from the USA today ya know...it's a forum. Just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rajwarrior    77

The POINT is that you use the "been playing cards for 40 years" as an attempt to show your pseudo expertise in playing poker. I'm just pointing out that anyone that has played poker for that long a time would have probably known the correct way to spell lose since it's such an integral part of the game and anyone playing for that many years would have said it, wrote it, read it, watched it for years as well.

Playing rummy doesn't make you an expert at poker. Playing 5 card draw doesn't make you an expert at texas hold'em. Playing any card game casually for however many years doesn't make you knowledgeable on "how cards fall."

If you have concerns over the legitimacy of the RNG, here's a post from the General Discussion tab:

You can also find several other posts over that concerning how the cards fall if you'd like to weigh in on them as well.

Most lives games of texas hold'em rarely ever see as many boards to the river as a free online poker game does, possible exceptions being a micro stakes (penny, nickel, dime stuff) or chips only (no value) games for fun and bragging rights. Even these games will not move nearly as fast as an online poker game. You'll see 10-20 hands an hour in a live poker game. You'll see 40-60 hands an hour in an online poker game. Assuming no flaws in the RNG of online play, you are going to see a much higher per hour instance of "impossible" hands than you would in a "real" game.

We see trends, look for them and find them. It's confirmation bias and most of us have been guilty of it at some point, myself included.

Last thing. I don't think the RNG on this game is the greatest, but it is the best I've ever seen on any free to play poker game. It's bad when you get  hit with a suck out on river, I know. But I can tell you that I've won my fair share of pots on this game by winning on the river as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mayo    6

Solid points have been stated and I appreciate you taking the time to express them. I'm just looking for feedback from others to see if it is happening to them as well.

i still believe that it is flawed to a degree, but it is a game for fun so at the end of the day it's no biggie.

To suggest a lack of knowledge based on a spelling error is simply foolish in my world, for the simple fact that it could have been a type error on an iPad...ya know, two o's instead of one.

just something to think about before you start declaring bs in the future 😉

Edited by Mayo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HyricanDR    145

Or not being a murrican. Lose/loose is one of the most common mistakes i get to see here in germany. Guesstimated 8 of 10 cant spell it correctly, wether they compete or not.

I too played poker (Yes draw, but still poker)  as a baby, probably age 6. And holdem since 10, so at "only" 29 it seems fair to say 20+ Years exp. Why people with 40 years exp should be 60+ I dont understand. Is it that much of an adult thing over in the states?

but for discussion id highly recommend "general discussion" and pre existing threads, not a new one under poker tips (THAT is BS, unless your tip is be careful betting too big on undecided things, people will call even if its stupid, and suck you out more often than youd expect) Oo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HyricanDR    145

*checks if mentioned not being a native speaker* *nods* thanks tho (I dont understand the second part either, ill just take it as a jab. Google seems to agree xD)

Edited by HyricanDR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChipArtist    1

Mayo you are not wrong in any regard the RCG on this site is pure shit there is nothing random about this site its made for those that have no ability to calculate the odds because the odds here are not even applicable. You better have the Nuts or do not bet or you lose. I also have been playing 40 years i am 56 years old and i have never seen worse of a shuffler and RCG I cant even count how many times ive seen 3 or more players with pockets and every single one of them flop or turn a set 6 handed lol . This site is not enjoyable by any means it takes way to long to even get a tournament or ranked game 10-20 minute or more waiting. You wanna play poker without the wait and a normal RCG there is plenty to play on FB games 100 times better than this Crap For the rest of you, you dont even play enough to have a opinion!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zanatoo    118
7 hours ago, ChipArtist said:

there is nothing random about this site its made for those that have no ability to calculate the odds because the odds here are not even applicable.

Nonsense! I play many hours a week in prominence and have seen no evidence of the above whatsoever but why don't you record 50-60 consecutive hands showing your claim in action and post the video here? No?? Didn't think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mayo    6
2 hours ago, Zanatoo said:

Nonsense! I play many hours a week in prominence and have seen no evidence of the above whatsoever but why don't you record 50-60 consecutive hands showing your claim in action and post the video here? No?? Didn't think so. 

Look guy, if you play many hours a week, you gotta know by now something is a little off with this randomizer. As I stated in another thread, the only constant in poker is that when you are ahead, you will win more times than not.

This just has not been my experience to date with THIS game. I'm a coin flip at best (and I am being generous when I say that) when ahead and that is all I need to know to believe something is not right.

Its a fun format and I hope that these guys continue to make it better, but it's got to start with that randomizer...it needs work.

Edited by Mayo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zanatoo    118

Mayo you'll find threads around the internet discussing the very same topic regarding Party Poker, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, 888, and just about every other poker game there is, full of people like yourself who are absolutely convinced that there is an issue with the cards. Tests have been done, data recorded, databases scrutinised, and all coming to the same conclusion, that the cards were indeed falling in a random sequence and that the problems being reported were really just in the imagination of those complaining. 

I have no proof that the system on here works. Last night I raised 10x big blinds in early position. One caller and the flop came 33J. I check and bets the pot. I'm thinking AJ? KJ? Not JJ or AA because he would have reraised preflop and wouldn't be trying to take down the pot now, so I go all in believing I have the better hand. This is now $3.5m in the pot. He shows 93.... 9 f**king 3 off suit to a 10x bet!!!! My point is, this was not a bad beat, I was already behind when I shoved, but this IS what happens when you play a novice who has no idea what he is doing. Multiply that novice by three or four or five more at the table and it's going to vastly increase occurrence of this type of scenario and will quickly give the impression that there is a problem with the cards when in actual fact, there isn't. 

I would bet that yourself and most of the players complaining about the RNG have some real money experience? If so, you are not used to seeing premium hands being beaten so often and certainly not with the frequency and severity that we do here. It's very easy to conclude that it's the software to blame but in my opinion (as I have no proof) it's just really really bad players and too many of them at once. I don't know what stakes you play at but I play at the $1M tables and they're rife there so I can only imagine what it's like at the lower stakes. 

At the end of the day, the only way to know which one of us is right, is to collect enough data to give a clear indication of variance beyond the accepted norm. This is unlikely to ever happen and so this debate is going to go on and on....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rockguy24    45
8 minutes ago, Zanatoo said:

Mayo you'll find threads around the internet discussing the very same topic regarding Party Poker, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, 888, and just about every other poker game there is, full of people like yourself who are absolutely convinced that there is an issue with the cards. Tests have been done, data recorded, databases scrutinised, and all coming to the same conclusion, that the cards were indeed falling in a random sequence and that the problems being reported were really just in the imagination of those complaining. 

I have no proof that the system on here works. Last night I raised 10x big blinds in early position. One caller and the flop came 33J. I check and bets the pot. I'm thinking AJ? KJ? Not JJ or AA because he would have reraised preflop and wouldn't be trying to take down the pot now, so I go all in believing I have the better hand. This is now $3.5m in the pot. He shows 93.... 9 f**king 3 off suit to a 10x bet!!!! My point is, this was not a bad beat, I was already behind when I shoved, but this IS what happens when you play a novice who has no idea what he is doing. Multiply that novice by three or four or five more at the table and it's going to vastly increase occurrence of this type of scenario and will quickly give the impression that there is a problem with the cards when in actual fact, there isn't. 

I would bet that yourself and most of the players complaining about the RNG have some real money experience? If so, you are not used to seeing premium hands being beaten so often and certainly not with the frequency and severity that we do here. It's very easy to conclude that it's the software to blame but in my opinion (as I have no proof) it's just really really bad players and too many of them at once. I don't know what stakes you play at but I play at the $1M tables and they're rife there so I can only imagine what it's like at the lower stakes. 

At the end of the day, the only way to know which one of us is right, is to collect enough data to give a clear indication of variance beyond the accepted norm. This is unlikely to ever happen and so this debate is going to go on and on....

 

 

 

 

^^^^^ this pretty much sums it.  Now can we stop talking about this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wuss^Timmy    3

One is always going to see a huge amount of variance in free poker because there are just more callers and more cards. You end up seeing more hands for larger pots than you would otherwise see in a real money stable game and so it begins a confirmation bias that it is the RNG. It isn't. As a casino host i deal with this confirmation bias in real life... People playing without their cards in a machine...people crying about how tight one casino is over another.. Its all just confirmation bias.  

Edited by Wuss^Timmy
needed to fix a spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now