Booshizzle

Players going AFK

10 posts in this topic

Booshizzle    2

What do you do about players like tatanjcg84 who go AFK and drag out a tournament, and typically get into money placement because the blinds aren't raised fast enough to kick them out?  I've played too many tournaments that have lasted an extra hour because of this and am considering quitting the game, although I like most aspects of it.  Frustrating because its happened to me 4 days in a row.

• Like 2

hustl3r    3

I totally agree...this is a HUGE issue to be addressed....because it's an ADVANTAGE..... for these cockroaches that sit out on auto-play or away from table and finish better than guys that played the whole tournament.....and then I go down 7 pts. for third?? but the guy that sits on auto play finishes second again....

• Like 2

hustl3r    3

Cry?  you sound like one of them for sure......who would defend a cheater in a community when thousands have countless hours invested in the game legitimately?  You don't even have a leg to stand on here.  You would like it if someone say came into where you work...and in the first day, got promoted higher than you and a raise??   Is there any way the "Sit out" option be removed just in tournaments??  Not cool when they guys playing are going down pts. when people in ranked tourney's are just sitting out on auto-play....

• Like 1

dnadzps4    13

At the very least, their hands should auto-fold rather than continue to play if no one raises, or just don't notice that they are away.  Total load of BS that an AFKer can finish higher than *anyone* actually present in the game.

• Like 3

Akheteru    24

Suggestion to fix the problem:

You can't just remove the Sit Out feature, because then people would have to deal with waiting out the entire clock, every hand, for as long as it takes for someone like me to deal with a real life situation - for example, my 18 month old daughter is now potty training.  Changing a diaper might take 3 minutes, but this new potty dynamic has created learning ordeals that can last up to 15 minutes.

But what they should be able to do is have the game check for whether someone's sit-out flag was active at the time they lost in a ranked tournament game, and if so - to subtract rating points if applicable (based on what place they were eliminated in) but to award no rating increase.  In this way, they maintain the risk of being in the game, but do not receive the rewards.  If cheaters like Chipartist here were to decide to overcome this by not toggling the Sit Out option, make sure the game knows to auto-toggle it if they have 2 consecutive hands where the clock runs all the way down on their checks/folds (if it doesn't already do this already, I don't know if it does or not).

• Like 2

ChipArtist    1

If a player wants to sit there and Blind out that is his choice he pays the buy-in he can play any way he like its poker NUB. You dont have to sit out to afk play some games ive sat there first hour without a hand am i afk playing idiot?? You cry about afk players when obvious RCG and shuffling are bigger issues in this game

An automatic sit-out feature so that all your hands instantly fold when its your turn, with a 'I'm Back' button to cancel you being sat out.

Just like real poker software. Wouldnt this be the best approach?

Booshizzle    2

Chipartist - you are defining a different issue than I first posted about.  I'm referring to players who intentionally AFK for an entire ranked tournament and are guaranteed 3rd place, and most times 2nd by never playing a hand (not one).  It happened to me quite often.  Stop replying to the thread if you aren't going to be helpful.  Do is a favor and find someone else to troll.

I agree with Akheteru and would add a ban (1 hour or a day or whatever) to ensure they don't just jump into another game and do the same thing.

But I already deleted the game, so I digress.

14 hours ago, Booshizzle said:

Chipartist - you are defining a different issue than I first posted about.  I'm referring to players who intentionally AFK for an entire ranked tournament and are guaranteed 3rd place, and most times 2nd by never playing a hand (not one).  It happened to me quite often.  Stop replying to the thread if you aren't going to be helpful.  Do is a favor and find someone else to troll.

I agree with Akheteru and would add a ban (1 hour or a day or whatever) to ensure they don't just jump into another game and do the same thing.

But I already deleted the game, so I digress.

I think you are a bit out of order for requesting a ban for people who are not at thier computer. You are assuming malice, but you dont know what people are doing on the other end of the computer. They could be helping their neighbour who's house just set on fire. Helping a friend who is having a heart attack. Answering the door because they ordered pizza. Maybe they been out drinking all night and dont want to go to sleep so they are playing poker but their attention span is dwindling.

You want there to be Prominence Poker Police to arrest the people who you 'think' are 'intentionally AFK' perhaps you want to spy on them using the kinect camera to prove it? Send out solicitors for breaking some kind of T&C.

The only solution i can think of is to remove the clock timer for those who are sitting out so it quickly folds their hands until they click 'Im Back' button. Just like on the real poker software.

• Like 1